Saturday, November 14, 2009

More Natalie-isms

We are downstairs in our lobby waiting for the elevator. A chinese woman is speaking very loudly into the telephone in mandarin. Natalie listens, fascinated. Then she hangs up.
Natalie: "Mommy, who's that screaming?"
Me: (I ignore her and pretend to be busy doing something else, hoping she'll drop the conversation.)
Natalie, even louder: "Mommy, who's that screaming?"
Me: "Um... The nice lady."
We later get in the same elevator with her.

Natalie is crouched behind a chair.
Natalie: "Look, I'm hiding!"
Me: "Why are you hiding?"
Natalie: "Because I'm silly!"

Natalie and I are preparing Clark's birthday surprise.
Me: "This is Ba-ba's birthday card. Will you draw on it?"
Natalie: "Yes!"
Me: "Ok."
Natalie (after a while): "This is Ba-ba's birthday card. I tell Ba-ba Happy Birthday?"
Me: "No no, don't tell Ba-ba. It's a surprise. Okay?"
Natalie: "Okay."
Me: "Good. So... what do you tell Ba-ba?"
Natalie: "Ba-ba, surprise!"
Me: "No no, tell Ba-ba nothing! Okay?"
Natalie: "Okay."
Me: "So what do you tell Ba-ba when he comes home?"
Natalie: "I say Ba-ba nothing!"
Me: "Umm... ok."

I am putting my shoes on, ready to leave for work. Natalie runs out from her room with no pants on.
Natalie: "Mommy! Mommy!"
Me: "Yes, Natalie, what is it?"
Natalie: "Stop! Come here! I want to kiss you!"


No comments: